The difference between rich and poor is not any of the following:
Amount of money Opportunities Status Influence
etc.. None of the above things constitute the actual difference between Rich and poor. The most important difference between rich and poor lies in their thinking. Yes, the Rich think differently than poor – the difference is just in the way they think and perceive the world in front of their eyes. We shall discuss that with an example:
After a whole day’s heavy work in office, before leaving home if a person is handed over a work and is expected to complete it in quick time, there are two ways in which a person can perceive this situation:
- If the person thinks the additional work as a burden (though it is) and starts cursing his supervisors or stars for the work assigned then though the person has no other choice than completing the work, he completes it but doesn’t grow in his knowledge/ capacity/ courage or anything by at least 0.001 %
- If the person perceives the problem in this way, though this is a burden, but it can be used as challenge to grow and completing this work would increase his capacity then he has a higher chance of both success, happiness etc. (lot of takeaway) through the work which increase his confidence / capacity / knowledge by 100%
Have you noticed, how just the way the person is perceiving i.e., by changing the perspective their was a huge difference in the takeaway / benefit through the work and the difference was almost 10000 %.
This proves the fact that the difference in takeaway out of any activity or task only lies in the way a person thinks, this also proves the difference between Rich and Poor is not primarily Money, but in their thinking and in nothing else. We shall look into some of the significant differences in the thinking patterns of Rich and Poor.
The RICH think differently from poor
I have separated the thinking differences into two sets, once set which is first listed are my set of differences while the second set is from a video which I thought has a fantastic content worth sharing with you.
I have linked the differences with some awesome posts whose explanation would be very apt and helpful for you in understanding the difference better. And, so that you can get the whole idea about it, do visit the related posts to make the most out of this post.
17 ways the rich think differently – 1
- Poor try to climb the ladder and reach the top, RICH try to own the ladder and then reach the top.
- RICH consider FAILURE is part of success or a stepping stone to it while POOR believe failure is an obstacle to success.
- RICH innovate while poor Stagnate
- RICH think before they act while poor act before they think.
- RICH follow leaders while poor follow followers
- RICH invest in ideas while poor invest in money or people
- RICH are proactive while poor are reactive.
- RICH begin with the end / goal in mind while poor start the journey without a goal.
- POOR people carry the burden of yesterday & future while RICH are very lazy to carry them hence just focus on today
- RICH are solution-centric or solution oriented (they focus on the solution for the problem) while POOR are problem-centric (they focus on the cause of the problem or the problem).
- RICH are never hurried to become Rich while POOR are always in a race to become rich quickly.
- RICH people invest in assets poor people buy liabilities.
- RICH learn to manage risk Poor try to avoid risk.
- Rich spend after saving, poor save after spending.
- Rich are very strong believers, poor are poor believers.
- Rich do both smart and hard work, poor only do hard work.
- Rich persist difficulties and do not stop until they hit the target, poor might not persist until they hit the target.
17 ways the rich think differently – 2
- Rich people believe they create their life, poor people believe that life happens to them.
- Rich people play the money to win poor people play the money game to lose.
- Rich people are committed to being RICH poor people want to be rich.
- Rich people think big poor people think small.
- Rich people focus on opportunities poor people focus on obstacles
- Rich people admire other rich and successful people, poor people resent successful rich people.
- RICH people associate with positive successful people poor people associate with negative people.
- Rich people are willing to promote themselves and their values poor people don’t.
- Rich people are bigger than their problems poor people are smaller than their problems.
- Rich people are excellent receivers / listeners poor people are poor receivers / listeners
- Rich people chose to get paid based on results poor people chose to get based on time.
- Rich people think both poor people think either or.
- Rich people focus on their net worth, poor people focus on their working income.
- Rich people manage their money well, poor people mismanage their money well.
- Rich people have their money work hard for them, poor people work hard for their money.
- Rich people act in spite of fear, poor people let fear stop them.
- Rich people constantly learn and grow, poor people think they know it all.
Let’s change our thinking today or now itself and become RICH from this moment only.
Thanks for reading. Share your views about the different ways the rich think differently and about the post with me through comments – I would be very happy to hear them. Do Share the post with your buddies if you like it. Subscribe by dropping your email below for more interesting stuff.
Bye …. Take care. ..