You all know about Windows 10, a fantastic OS from Microsoft after a long time & I became its fan after using it for about a month as it has solved all my issues like slowness, compatibility & some other issues with my old Windows OS & at the same time it added many more features.
But, Today morning it suddenly stopped working saying an alert Windows Start & Cortana didn’t start & we would Sign you in once it is done I thought it was some normal error & just clicked on Sign out Now then the sign in form appeared again and very casually I have given my credentials hoping I will be able to use my PC but the message again appeared I was a bit startled, but I controlled myself & clicked on the Sign out Now again, this time my eagerness grew and not to my surprise the message appeared again.
Then I began surfing the web to resolve my issue and I landed up at various answers which were asking me to reset my PC, I was very hesitant & unlikely to do that.
But, I found one answer which thankfully worked for me though it took about an hour for me to complete that, at the end it worked.
Steps to resolve the issue Windows 10 Start menu and Cortana aren’t working
- We have to run a command in cmd (command prompt), don’t get startled it is just a scan to check any errors & repair your PC yourself.
- Though the error appears on the home screen, you can right-click on the desktop to create a new folder through which command prompt can be accessed as Administrator.
- After the command prompt opens run this command “sfc /scannow” Find the complete information about this command in Microsoft website by clicking here.
- The verification starts with 1% and proceeds till 100% completion.
- The process completion takes about 1hr or a bit more but be patient and confident it would work.
- Once the 100% installation is completed you can click on the Sign out Now button appearing on the Critical Error pop up to return back to Sign In menu.
- You can find the Power button at the Sign In menu using which you can Restart the PC and hopefully the Cortana issue gets resolved for you.
I can’t guarantee you that this solves your problem, I have shared this solution with as it has solved my problem. If you find any difficulty running the scan command or any queries with the above steps please write them to me through comments I can help you for sure. If you have any other methods to solve this issue more easily do share that with our community it would be very helpful for them and me.
For a demo video to guide your for the whole process, check out the below one
Thanks for reading. If the above steps solved your problem then do share that with your buddies it might solve their issue also. Hope your issue gets resolved.